Friday, September 21, 2012

Edwin Cyprian Mcrae - Corrected Information

On April 28, 2011, I posted a story about my maternal second cousin, Edwin Cyprian McRae.

Edwin was quite the smart fellow: an engineer (according to his Michigan marriage registration in 1924; the company attorney for a Detroit auto company; and, an inventor who was granted 28 patents on everything from an anti-skid braking control system to a vehicle torque converter to a ball cock valve.

In my post however, I indicated that Edwin passed away in 1983. I have been contacted by Edwin's granddaughter who corrected me, stating he died in 1993. I checked my database and sure enough, I have his year of death listed as 1993. I can only assume that the error was a result of my clumsy typing skills.

My thanks to Edwin's granddaughter, also a cousin to me, for pointing out this date error. The details count!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. He was my great grandfather and some of this info I didn't know. Still think of him whenever I smell cherry pipe tobacco.

    ReplyDelete